What To Do After You Have a Car Wreck

What to Do After a Minor Car Accident | Farm Bureau Financial Services

Having a car wreck can be a devastating and frightening experience. It is something that no one wants to happen to them, but it is also important that you know what to do if an accident does happen. You should focus on making sure that everyone is physically safe, and then focus on dealing with the aftermath.

Get a Police Report

When you have an accident, you should always contact the police. It does not matter if it was a minor or major incident. You need an official report of what occurred in the accident and the drivers and passengers involved. The police can also help get emergency response teams to the site if anyone is in need of emergency medical care.

Contact Your Insurance Company

Within a day or two of the accident, you should contact your insurance company to file a claim. Before you are able to have any repairs made on your vehicle, you will need to pay your insurance deductible. If you are unsure what the amount is, you can ask your insurance agent to look at your specific policy.

Find a Repair Shop

If your vehicle sustained substantial damage in the accident, you will need to contact a business for collision repair Fort Worth TX. Choose a shop that is willing to work with you and your insurance company, and always ask for an estimate of when the repairs will be complete. In the meantime, you may need to rent a vehicle to commute to and from work.

While no one wants to be involved in any type of car wreck, knowing what to do after one is an important part of being a safe driver. Remember to always drive defensively, and take care of your health first and foremost in the event of an accident.